Dry Mouth Relief
Farhan Qureshi, DDS offers many different treatments for patients dealing with dry mouth conditions.
You can rely on Farhan Qureshi, DDS for effective dry mouth treatment and relief and other family dental care treatments. A dry mouth can be uncomfortable and also compromise your oral health. Your teeth and gums need saliva to neutralize acids and rinse away harmful bacteria and plaque buildup. A dry mouth makes it difficult to speak and eat, but it can also increase your risk for cavities and gum disease if left untreated. In addition, a dry mouth may be the cause of your chronic bad breath.
There are several different contributors to dry mouth, including:
• Medication: Hundreds of medications have dry mouth as a side effect. The medicines reduce the amount of saliva produced in your glands and cause dry mouth. If you are taking several medications, you may be more likely to have dry mouth.
• Disease: Certain diseases such as Sjogren’s Syndrome, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and Parkinson’s disease can affect your saliva production.
• Radiation Therapy: People undergoing cancer treatment may have their salivary glands damaged during radiation.
• Chemotherapy: Some drugs used for cancer treatment can thicken saliva and make your mouth feel dry.
• Nerve Damage: If you have had an injury to your head or neck, you may damage the nerves that control saliva production.
Full or Partial Dentures
Dr. Qureshi proudly offers effective treatments to combat your disruptive dry mouth condition. We prescribe several different Biotene treatment products that are specifically aimed at relieve dry mouth.
Biotene PBF Dry Mouth Mouthwash
The Biotene PBF Mouthwash helps make up for the lost saliva production, which promotes the dissolve and removal excessive plaque. The enzymes found in the mouthwash give you added protection against dry mouth as well. Unlike other mouthwash products, Biotene PBF does not contain any alcohol and it refreshes your mouth without causing painful burning.
Biotene PBF Toothpaste
The Biotene PBF toothpaste has similar functions as the mouthwash, and should be used in conjunction with it. The toothpaste fights odor causing bacteria as well as dry mouth.
Biotene PBF Chewing Gum
Chewing gum is one of the most common remedies for dry mouth. The Biotene PBF dry mouth chewing gum gives you the added saliva production and helps to clean your teeth during the day while you chew. Other benefits of the Biotene PBF chewing gum are:
• Freshens breath
• Includes Xylitol
• Helps to whiten teeth
• Removes bacteria
If you are suffering from dry mouth, contact our office or call us at (703) 931-4544 today to get the relief you deserve and the effective treatment your mouth needs to be healthy. We offer a complete dental care for your entire family in a comfortable, caring environment. Dr. Qureshi is a skilled and reputable dentist in Alexandria who can treat every aspect of your smile.